Director of Accounting & Finance
Waltham, MA-based company has immediate need for a Director of Accounting & Finance. The Director is responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, regulatory requirements and US GAAP.
Individual will provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to assure that financial modeling and budgeting policies are in place to effectively grow the organization and drive its mission. The candidate will lead the financial close, which entails overseeing monthly, quarterly and annual processes, auditing results, meeting with management to review financials, compiling and evaluating significant variances to the budget, and presenting results and explanations to executive leadership
Public accounting experience, Payment and or Banking Industry experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Candidate is responsible for general ledger integrity and security, accounting for revenues, expenses, balance sheet items, and coordinating all reconciliations. This role will develop and generate a wide variety of analyses and financial statements that are provided to executive management, the Board and various groups within the Company. The candidate will manage the external service providers, such as payroll, benefits, insurance, tax and audit teams.
- 5 – 10 years of combined Public Accounting and/or Private Industry accounting experience.
- Manager experience in public accounting will satisfy experience requirement.
- 3 to 5 years of management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively across an organization
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans within a fast growth or start up environment.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting, required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are mandatory