The room was buzzing at last Friday’s panel on recruiting and retaining diversity, organized by the Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA) and held at PwC’s Seaport office in Boston, MA. KNF&T’s Senior Vice President of Diversity Search and Direct Hire, Kim Dukes, was among the six panelists who shared their knowledge and insight.
The experts dove into topics ranging from: partnering with diversity organizations (such as the Association of Latino Professionals for America); working with recruiters that specialize in diversity; handling workplace culture; and the benefits of sponsorship for diversity retention. This discussion is important, as it comes at a time when AICPA data claims that minorities represent only one in six among professional staff in accounting firms nationwide.
The panel was moderated by Rich Caturano, national leader of culture, diversity and inclusion at RSM. Additional panel members were:
- Phyllis Barajas – Executive director of Conexion
- Ken Bouyer – Americas director of inclusiveness recruiting
- Paul Francisco – VP of global inclusion & head of university relations North America at State Street Corporation
- Rich Mastrocola – President & CEO of Tonneson
- Rad Nova – Executive director at ALPFA